DC CSRC Seminar 2012
TCFA DC Chapter Seminar, Co-Sponsored by Georgetown University McDonough School of Business - Center for Financial Markets and Policy:
Featuring Dr. QI Bin, Director General, Research Center, China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC)
Dear TCFA Members, Georgetown University Faculty, Students, Alumni, and Friends,
China’s capital market has developed rapidly over the last decade and is becoming increasingly important to the world financial market. We are very honored to have Dr. QI Bin, Director General of the Research Center at China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) to be our guest speaker. During the seminar followed by Q&A, Dr. Qi will share his insights into the following critical issues:
1) Latest development of the China’s capital market.
2) Highlight of the recent policies that will further strengthen China’s capital market.
3) What are the challenges and possible solutions?
4) What is the outlook for future development of China’s capital market?
In addition, CSRC recently announced a strategic initiative to establish a new think tank/research institute, Beijing Institute of Securities, that will focus on conducting research related to capital markets in China, with CSRC Chairman GUO Shuqing as it Chairman as well. This think tank /research institute will have significant impact on the future trajectory of the China’s capital market. Dr. Qi is leading a team that will recruit talents ranging from established thought leaders in their respective fields to junior level research analysts for this important effort. The think tank /research institute is well funded to attract high level talents. Dr. Qi will share with us the vision for this institute and the type of talents it seeks to attract.
Location: Fisher Colloquium, 4th floor of Rafik B. Hariri Building of Business School of Georgetown University
Address: 37th &O streets NW, Washington DC 20057
Time: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 6:00pm – 8:30pm
6-7 p.m.: Dr. QI Bin, chairman of the Research Center of CSRC, discusses "Chinese Capital Markets--Latest Development and Outlook" with a Q&A session
7-7:30 p.m.: Remarks about the establishment of Beijing Institute of Securities, with a Q&A session
7:30-8:30 pm.: Reception and NetworkingRegistration:
The seminar is free of charge, but advance registration is required.Please follow the link below to register for the event.
Candidatesinterested in positions with the new think tank, Beijing Institute of Securities, should bring resumes for discussion with the CSRC delegation.
- Jun.13,2012 - Jun.13,2012 18:00 - 20:30
- Georgetown University McDonough School of Business - Washington DC
- DC chapter
- Non-Member Fee:
- Website Subscriber:
- Free (Join our Website Subscriber for free)
- Member Fee:
- Free (Join our Membership)
- Student Fee:
- Free (Join our Student Member with your edu email address)
- Georgetown University McDonough School of Business - Website
- 37th & O Streets, NW, 211 Hariri Building
- Washington DC
EventList powered by schlu.net